Thursday, April 6, 2017

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 06Apr2017. Today the deck is, again, the *Tarot of the Holy Light* by Christine Payne-Towler & Michael Dowers. Eponymous book sold separately. This is one of a handful of decks I consider my “master decks,” tellers of Truth and precise oracles which are ultrasensitive to my psychic vibrations. I have 5 of these at the moment, and the discovery of another is always a delight, but a very rare one indeed, considering how many decks I have bought over the years! There are at least 20 full moving cartons in the cave that are no longer active or used. Enough! “On with it, Master Soothsayer, or I shall have thy head on a pike!” LOL. Today’s draw is: Sulfur = IV the Emperor; Mercury = IX the Hermit, and Salt = the King of Swords. Well, my, my, my! What panoply of mature male beauty am I being presented?! Gorgeous older men with well-defined bodies are certainly hyper-puissant symbols of mature male energy, but I am afraid I resemble more the middle man – my imposing chest and magnificent, rippling abs are NOT present, and I imagine if someone were being brutally honest, they would compare my form to that of a well-preserved mother of ten children. Grin. However, those “Big Daddy” forms of the other two are more indicative of the energies at work here today. And about which, Wow! It is no secret that I am bisexual, and I can attest to the fact that that they are definitely my cup of tea, even the Hermit! (You can always learn something from a wise man, no matter the shell he inhabits.) My ruined beauty aside (GRIN!), I DO see myself more as the Hermit than the Emperor these days, 
although my wife would attest to the flaming presence of all three of these men in her husband – or so she tells me. J. I mention that only because she sees it & likes it; my assumption of responsibility for my life, soul & destiny doesn’t bother her at all, except in the sense that it blocks her natural mode of being the “lady of the house with a full set of keys.” She knows the key to this wing of the mansion is closed to her and anyone else, and that comforts her, just as Mrs. Danvers was comforted by the fantomatic bedroom of the late Mrs. De Winter. (Grin – 10 Karma points if you can tell me the name of the movie WITHOUT Googling.)  My Animus inhabits IV the Emperor today, and he loves it there, as he usually does. The Emperor is ruled by Jupiter, and treads the Path between Binah and Geburah. “There is much more mystery buried in every symbol than words spoken can tell. Superficial consideration might make astrologers wonder at this image, which assimilates worldly power with the sign Cancer instead of with Leo, to which they are accustomed. Still there remains this to be taken into account, that originally 'emperors' got their power from the people,--China, Rome--long before they began to claim God as their private protector against eventual aggression from outside. The people are ruled by the sign of Cancer, says the astrologer. And thus originally the chosen emperor accepted vox Populi as vox Dei. This chosen dignitary was nothing of a tyrant, originally, nor did he have anything to do with rulership or warfare: he was simply the highest and most pure expression of the soul of the people or nation. In China sometimes a poor but extremely virtuous old man without any other antecedents was elected to be emperor. All later usurpations of power and succession were deviations from the old and pure institution. The present position of the president in a republic comes very near to that of the original emperor. The sign of the soul indeed is . . . 
Cancer. At the same time this is the sign of the breast (Papus) and of the womb, as Waite translates this passage about the card, which Papus says is connected with the Hebrew letter Daleth. In the older pictures we see the effort to let the man make a figure 4 or something like the symbol for Jupiter with his crossed legs. . . The planet Jupiter has only to do with this card, in so far as it is exalted in the sign Cancer, which means, that virtually hopes and expectations as well as ideals for the future take their origin in the deep-rooted attachments of the soul, which themselves are the expression of dharma or cosmic memory.” (*The General Book of the Tarot* A. E. Thierens, [1930].)  As I said, I’m feeling fairly “Hermetic” today (Har-har-har, oh, I’m a funny guy,) although by no means “sealed.” The item ON this card which always catches my attention is the substitute of the solar visage for the lantern. I feel that that is innately correct, and should be shone as such. The eye and dove overhead are something, too – as a matter of fact, despite his dominance of the card face, he is only recognized then skipped when one looks; “the symbols are NEW(sic)! We must gaze at them!” Grin. I’m not going to go on and on today about IX the Hermit; I’ll just add this: he is a Leo, walking the path between Tiphareth and Chesed. “The Hermit, as he is termed in common parlance, stands next on the list; he is also the Capuchin, and in more philosophical language the Sage. He is said to be in search of that Truth which is located far off in the sequence, and of justice which has preceded him on the way. But this is a card of attainment, as we shall see later, rather than a card of quest. It is said also that his lantern contains the Light of Occult Science and that his staff is a Magic Wand. These interpretations are comparable in every respect to the divinatory and fortune-telling meanings with which I shall have to deal in their turn. The diabolism of both is that they are true after their own manner, but that they miss all the high things to which the Greater Arcana should be allocated. It is as if a man who knows in his heart that all roads lead to the heights, and that God is at the great height of all, should choose the way of perdition or the way of folly as the path of his own attainment.” (*The Pictorial Key to the Tarot* A.E. Waite [1911].)And finally, “Let’s salt that smoked ham!!” LOL, as if gasoline on the fire weren’t enough (the Emperor topping the Hierophant,) we have a third leg of the trio to manifest, and he shall be the King of Swords. Ah yes, my old avatar, the King of Swords. He is a real masculine shit-stirrer, is that one, and I only say it because I have been him. Grin. I adore the energy; I adore everything about the King of Sword, EXCEPT his temper and his spots of autocratic ignorance, which of course are reflections of the sun, my character. The King is Aquarius, which accounts for some aspects of my character, but not many. I identify more forcefully with him as the authority figure, armed with both weapon and temperament, and ready to sally forth to defend his interests (amongst all the other blah-blah, of course.) It isn’t that the blah-blah lies, it is simply TOO insufficient to explain this highly complex man. But he WILL lend Energy to this construct for today, and he’ll not be resentful of his own generosity. That is one of the keys to him; he isn’t given to regrets, AT ALL. I ask the Cosmos today to grant us ALL a freer access to our inner royalty today. Be Well! Be Zen! Be Blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment