Sunday, April 2, 2017

     Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 02Apr2017. It’s the usual spread today, The Basics Modified, and the deck is the same today as well as the last few days, the *Tabula Mundi: Colores Arcus* by M. M. Meleen. I’m going to try a new track starting with this deck, which is to say I will use each chosen deck several days in a row, to get a better overall ‘gestalt’ of the deck. Then, when satisfied that I could describe it, I move on. Sounds great, right?? “Yes, yes, I see you all nodding your heads enthusiastically, and per normal, little Henriette in the 2nd-to-last row there is SO excited she’s peed her panties, AGAIN!” “Ahahahaha,’ (general laughter.)” Well, back to the deck – fabulosa, it reminds me a lot of the vitraux in France and wonderfully executed esotericism. I can go on & on about this deck, so I shan’t. “Miss Culpepper! Bring in the next boy for caning!” The draw today is elegant, colorful (thanks to the deck) and really quite sage. (“No, Bitsy, SAGE, not thyme . . . and . .oh, shut up, Bitsy.”)
Today the draw is: Sulphur = XV the Devil; Mercury = II the Priestess and Salt = the Ace of Disks. It is a powerhouse reading! and a pleasing one. (I have this image in my head of Jabba the Hutt slurping down a frog and saying that phrase; ‘I’m pleased.” LOL.) Actually, I feel the spread is speaking in a loud, audible voice about the Balance to be maintained today, that that the energies of Manifestation & Creation best suit the day ahead. As for my Animus in XV the Devil and Animus in II the Priestess, well, yeah, tell me something I don’t already know. Grin. Even though by all technical definitions it is INCEST, it is hard to keep those two from short-circuiting together! Grin. I LOVE all of the visual feed I am getting from the cards, the spread, and yet at the same time it is rendering me unwilling to write more, perhaps because it is SO obvious, or perhaps because it is so simply a visual reading on top of the fact that I’m a bit tired writing my own shit out every day. As a consequence, I can still feel “in that other place” when I write, just not as often.  However, what I see here with XV vis-à-vis me is that my Animus, now freed from the constraints of the “Protectorate of Isolation” imposed by myself and my unwillingness to let the union of the soul mates take place. That is all gone now, and he is curious to go off and re-visit XV, this time however with a much healthier outlook and a closer hand on his wallet. “Manifest away, today, Mark! . . . but do it with some Wisdom, for Anubis’ sake!” That I can most certainly do, as the Priestess and I have only recently opened up a bit more to each other. That’s it for my end of the reading. I’m going to post an excerpt for *The General Book of the Tarot* by A. E. Thierens, (1930.) It makes for an interesting coda. I ask the Cosmos today to grant us ALL a measure of Security in the Journey to the degree that we may need it. Be Well! Be Zen! Be Blessed!  
“The design is an accommodation, mean or harmony, between several motives mentioned in the first part. The Horned Goat of Mendes, with wings like those of a bat, is standing on an altar. At the pit of the stomach there is the sign of Mercury. The right hand is upraised and extended, being the reverse of that benediction which is given by the Hierophant in the fifth card. In the left hand there is a great flaming torch, inverted towards the earth. A reversed pentagram is on the forehead. There is a ring in front of the altar, from which two chains are carried to the necks of two figures, male and female. These are analogous with those of the fifth card, as if of Adam and Eve after the Fall. Hereof is the chain and fatality of the material life. The figures are tailed, to signify the animal nature, but there is human intelligence in the faces, and he who is exalted above them is not to be their master forever. Even now, he is also a bondsman, sustained by the evil that is in him and blind to the liberty of service. With more than his usual derision for the arts which he pretended to respect and interpret as a master therein, Éliphas Lévi affirms that the Baphometic figure is occult science and magic. Another commentator says that in the Divine world it signifies predestination, but there is no correspondence in that world with the things which below are of the brute. What it does signify is the Dweller on the Threshold without the Mystical Garden when those are driven forth therefrom who have eaten the forbidden fruit.” (A. E. Thierens) 




No comments:

Post a Comment