Saturday, May 13, 2017

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 14May2017. On my own spread today, with the deck *The Daniloff Tarot: 3rd Edition* by Alexander Daniloff. I adored the first deck; avoided the second (a Majors only issue,) and now have the 3rd. I DO wish he’d do the rest of the cards for the 2nd deck; it’s a marvelous “art memory” of Soviet Russia, and it looks no less beautiful than this one. “Get along, horsey!” His artwork is signature; one knows immediately who created the art. I really like it; it is stylized “khanate’ kind of images along with figures from the Middle Ages, presented cleanly and with a lot of understated Zing! The size of this edition is more “normal,” (his 1st being a large format which I really liked,) but these are easier to handle for most “normal” people. I have very large scaled claws, so the smaller the harder, but these work quite well. My draw today is: Sulfur = XVIII the Moon; Mercury = I the Magus, and Salt = the Page of Coins. “Alrighty then, Skeeter, let’s get these cows to market!! Yeehaa!!” (Grin.) I was a bit surprised this morning to draw XVIII the Moon for my Sulfur/male/active card; my anima was just there and came out a little vape-y, and my last visits dates to recently, just before I progressed into XX & yesterday, XXI. However, it seems I’m back (again) today, doubtless doing some last-minute brush up and perhaps a bit of anxious reassurance (although I don’t feel it) as we prepare our next steps, which must be made by a “united being” in order to complete the realization of the Journey. 
(“Afterwards, of course, cocktails, soft drinks & light refreshment will be available in our 1st class Transit Lounge,” and we shall say, “I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore, Toto!”) or something like that. I feel confident, self-assured but not arrogant, trust me, I know the difference, and most of all a bit impatient to get back on the Path after this R&R stop to double check our rappelling gear, make last-minute visits (such as today’s,) and come to final agreement of our union, in order to proceed. We are agreed on the “new” union; it has always been there, just terribly, unhappily misaligned for years. Much like the ‘Moving Finger which having writ, moves on,’ I find I the Magus wearing my anima mask today, MUCH like the card portrays, though with different intentions (the united being.) I know what she’s doing; she made a quick run all the way back to that Alpha/Omega card to, figuratively speaking, check her make-up and her manifestations. This is very cool, I grok it; I often fault my anima for a variety of errors, only some of which are hers. She’s stoic about it, up to a point. Then, like my mother (duh, gee, I wonder why? Grin! ,) she goes postal and it’s run for your psychic health and Hell take the hindmost! I had the rare talent of provoking her even more in the midst of her folly, which truly sent her spidering up the walls – I smile fondly at the memories. They missed their chance when they didn’t cast us as the demon/hysterical priest team in the Exorcist.) Nevertheless, she was a whiz at her particular brand of “magick,” although she abused it to the point where it ate her alive. 
I can only hope (on a good day, I say I’m certain) that I have learned from not only her but from the MANY other crones with which my infancy and childhood were surrounded. There were ALL 100% full-blooded Osage Indians, and remembered the “old times.” Heck, they still practiced the “old time” magic & religion, although they had been mass-forcibly converted by the arrival of the “colonists,” especially during the Great Land Rush of 1889. So, because they had always been allied with the French, against British then “American” interests, their “new religion” was Catholicism, which for them underwent the same transformation as it goes through in Africa: it was “colonized” itself by native beliefs. All of this as backstory to why the reality of I the Magician is no stranger to me or my family. Finally, we come to the engine that’s going to power the whole shebang, as well as align the efforts of XVIII & I (18 + 1 = 19 = 10 = 1 Ha!) and with the numerical values it seems as if the anima is going to take the inside position around the course today. Fine with me, my arthritis and rheumatism are acting up. Grin. The Page of Coins is that wonderful and unique being (much more so in the Thoth/Crowley/Golden Dawn systems) the Throne of the Ace of Coins and the actual beginning of not only the Tarot but the Ladder of Manifestation as well. This Page, (I tend to think of this card as the “Princess,” but that is only nomenclature,) “. . .  is always more or less of a messenger, in this case of fiery nature, on the Seventh house, as well as on the Third. The latter house is that of the disciple and the message; so here the traditional rendering is again quite correct. The seventh house explains everything that is said about application, occupation, profession, liberality, etc., this being the house of Libra, of relation.” (A. E. Thierens,) “He” is also faithful, obedient, stubborn, and very, very Taurean/Taurine in nature. As a “workhorse,” he is more than adequately equipped to power up the dynamic today and help it strike a spark in the Tesla ball. I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL the perspicacity of ingenuity today. Be Well, Be Zen, Be Blessed!!   



No comments:

Post a Comment