Monday, May 8, 2017

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 09May2017. Today’s deck is, of course, one of my very favorites for serious, in-depth reading, *The Tabula Mundi: Colores Arcus* by M. M. Meleen. The draw today is: Sulfur = XIII Death; Mercury = XX the Aeon, and Salt = the Ace of Wands. It is a good-looking hand, isn’t it? I like it. Starting out with my animus in XIII Death, to me seems to be right on in “pre-seeing” the Grand Change coming up, when I will bez able to make the jump from XX to XXI without effort, no more than stepping through a doorway. I doubt it is happening today; this card reminds me, however, that it IS in my “immediate” plans (that COULD be another 30 years, but I hope that is mightily stretching it; I REALLY want to begin the next part of the voyage! Grin.) However, I am FAR from the suicidal type, and I DO feel that my work here isn’t done yet; first of all, I have to finish my own Journey; and then (I am sure of it, I feel it in my astral bones,) I am given the opportunity to help someone else with something vital, and then my tour of duty is over. 
I have no idea what this post-ultimate chore is to be and I certainly dare not speculate. Nevertheless, on the side of the sharp scythe blade, if we are speaking of the good ole Grim Reaper, that is cool, too. I haven’t ever had the fear of death inculcated into me; I don’t know why I had that unexpected fortune, but its consequence is that an aging adult now, I have no fear of meeting the taciturn spirit. And who knows? He may turn out to be quite a chatterer, which normally I dislike, but if he can give me betting tips on who’s running best this season in the Golden Gates Derby, I’ll be listening. Big Grin. Moving on, I meet my anima holding forth as an avatar of XX the Aeon. This is one of my favorite cards in this deck; in fact, it is one of my faves in any deck, but I love the art here. This is the Spirit of Primal Fire, and if you’ve been paying attention, you know that I’m a BIG Fire supporter. I was born under his aegis, Aries, and with my Moon in Taurus and Virgo Rising, I am well-acclimated and “engineered” to buddy around with Sol, but ALWAYS with respect; remember Icarus? Yeah. None of my off-color jokes or innuendo, and certainly no humorous criticism, he takes everything so seriously; he can flare up at the slightest thing. (Har-har-har.) The Aeon walks Path 31 on the Tree, from Hod to Malkuth, and that is pretty familiar territory for me, too. Do you know the definition of a person with an addiction-prone personality? The smarmy answer is, “a megalomaniac with an inferiority complex.” (Yes, I have such a personality; luckily for me, my addictions have by hook or crook been pared down to one, the Sacred Tarot. I got lucky when it counted.) This is one of the Arcana that calls to me most strongly, and I can only reason that is true is that I don’t fear it, in fact I welcome it, and strangely enough do not feel that I shall fail to pass “The Weighing of the Heart.” (Visit your Egyptian incarnation for a full comprehension of that phrase. Smirk. FYI, I phrase almost all “religious” statements, or “statements of faith,” in the terminology of the Kemetic faith. That is the faith & religious practices of the ancient Egyptians, reconstructed and only slightly altered for modern use. There are a surprising number of Kemetic communities out there, believe it or not.) So . . . Fire and Spirit in one package. There is a great deal of symbolism present on the card, and for a full understanding of that, 
I recommend you read Ms. Meleen’s accompanying book, *Book M: Liber Mundi”, M. M. Meleen, Atu House, Barre, 2015.  Suffice it to say that the Stelae of Revealing on the card signals the birth of the Age of Horus. Beyond that there is a chock-a-block array of symbology: the Ouroboros, the Winged Sun disk; Nut, the “Night Sky; the Omphalos; seed; Hadit and even Stonehenge, among others. All of which serves one purpose; to open the perceptions to what is to come, and to ready oneself for the “Accession.” This is NOT a car about being judged, by others or by divinity; this is the Judgement that you, as a now-enlightened being, pass on yourself and your attainments up to this point. You will be the only judge of whether you pass or you return to certain stages to complete uncompleted work. At this stage of development, you WILL be aware of the Divine burning in you like the living flame of existence, which It is. “The Aeon is the trump of time and the changes dictated by the times, it addresses finality and destruction as well as liberation, hope and redemption. The Aeon is the symbol for the Rise of Phoenix, it stands for a time of insight, the true understanding of the circle of life, of growing and fading. The card tells us that we should leave our 'frog perspective' and watch the things from a higher level, 
that the time has come to face the new, that we need a good overview to build our 'Utopia'. In older decks the Aeon is called 'Judgment', dealing with resurrection and redemption. The limitation of this view is the involuntary association to a 'court of law', to the Christian concept of a 'Resurrection' where the pious may rise and the rest must burn. Although trump XX indeed does imply a judgement, it wouldn't be appropriate to restrict this meaning with such a superstitious simplification.” (Raven, www.corax.com) “The bigger picture is revealed and a new age is upon you. Take the first step of initiation, the old ways are gone. Awaken, purified and renewed by Fire, reborn.” (Meleen) Finally, powering today’s rather high-maintenance draw is the Ace of Wands. Whooo-ee! I can get behind this guy!! He is “The Root of the Powers of Fire,” (Hot damn! More Fire!) He rules Cancer-Leo-Virgo, and the continent of Asia (odd, non?)  Of course he sits in Kether, AKA the Crown, The entire suit of Wands is contained here; it is ALL possibility, ALL Hope. (Perhaps one of the whys he is linked with the Princess of Wands.) This Ancient packs Power with a capital P, and it symbolizes “natural force as opposed to invoked force. It is the very beginning stage of the process of the Godhead manifesting in matter.” “The seed grows the root of the element of Fire. This is the initial spark of divine will, which becomes things of Force: creativity, energy, potency, and passion. The goal is the power to Will.” (Ibid) I ask the Cosmos today to give us ALL the indomitable will to Evolve. Be Well, Be Zen, Be Blessed!!   



No comments:

Post a Comment