Sunday, May 14, 2017

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 15May2017. The deck today is *The Holy Light Tarot* by Christine Payne-Towler & Michael Dowers. I hold the deck in high esteem and have spoken of it many times. Onward and Upward! My draw this morning is: Sulfur = IV the Emperor; Mercury = 0 the Fool, and Salt = the Knight of Cups. As I’ve said before, I love this deck, and it seems like the deck loves me back; I have been given IV the Emperor in this deck an unnatural number of times! Grin. But then again, what am I but unnatural, in a time when the “natural” is to be extremist one way or the other about practically everything? The older I become, the less extremist I actually am, despite the role I sometimes play of the “vulgar, straight-shootin’ grandpa who doesn’t give a fuck what people think of him.” Not that IV the Emperor is extremist or unnatural, he is the very opposite. This is the forceful, directed, has-his-shit-director of the material world, after all. He is the ultimate, (moral) boardroom CEO. (Hélas! Look how far we actually are from him today. I doubt the possessed soulless husks running things like Exxon, Morgan-Stanley or Pfizer have the vaguest idea what “moral” really means. OK, dismounting my high horse.) I am flattered that the deck has a crush on me wearing IV’s costume (one red drape & a golden orb!), but it was only one night, at a costume party, and we were a bit drunk . . . LOL. I am being reminded, 
I am sure, that before I move on anywhere, to be certain that my “empire” is in good order, running smoothly, and not lacking either drive, energy, funds or purpose. I can grok that, and thank you for the reminder. Arriving home from the office party, I find my anima dressed (sic!) as 0 the Fool, which is to say she’s wearing a ½ body suit, rubber, of the male gender. This is her way of reminding me that we need to get on about the business of the “united being” and moving forward, to start the next great step of the adventure. As we wind up existing business down here, we await the final tasks of our assignment, and work steadily during the time remaining to us on our depth of comprehension of those workings of the Universe we have observed so far. I already KNOW that “our” comprehension is just the merest chicken-scratchings on the surface of the Orphic Egg. So, once again, my anima reminds to me to “stay tuned, and more will be revealed!! Now a word from our sponsor, Trismegistus Tacos; When They’re Cooked 3X, You Know They’re Good!” I’m going to leave that odd dog, Loki, nipping at the Fool’s heels and move on to a card that rather mystifies me today, which is Salt = the Knight of Cups. As you may know, I most often interpret the Court cards as nexūs of energy, rather than avatars of real people; not everyone is going to rapidly identify the full Courts in the acquaintances of their lives. If anything, this 
Knight represents an energy that is VERY familiar to me, that of the storyteller, world-traveler who, having finally settled down in “his heart’s home” (accompanying, eponymous book,) Now savors the wonderful joys and treasures of discovering his own life by sharing it with others. While this is all true, I have difficulty connecting it to the avatars presence in the two elements. Nevertheless, I CAN identify the energy quite easily; it is a calmer, more serene path of existence now which I lead, a great distance from the “sturm und drang” of my young adulthood. (”Young” was up to 50.) Since this is true, let’s take a look at the three cards data to see if anything stands out. IV the Emperor:  He is the Sun in Capricorn and in the Zodiac: Aries (Me.) On the Tree of Life, he is given as BOTH the axis Netzach – Yesod OR the axis Binah – Geburah (former GD, latter Continental.) His Element is Fire, and his number is 4 = the letter D.  (Raven (www.corax) is the source of the GD info, and the deck’s book for the Continental.) /NEXT/ 0 the Fool: Pisces going into Aries, (as well as) Uranus/Mercury, standing for curiosity, spontaneity, (perhaps) madness. His Element is the Air, and on the Tree of Life he is either Kether going to Chokmah (GD) or Yesod to Malkuth (Continental.) His Element is Air, and his Number is 0, as both nothing and the beginning of it all. /NEXT/ The Knight of Cups, in the Golden Dawn, is astrologically situated at 21° Libra to 20° Scorpio. His element & world are the Air upon the waters of Briah, and he resides in Tiphareth. In the Continental system, he represents Pisces. So . . . what do I get looking at this? I see a LOT of Air, with enough Fire around to have a good strong wildfire, and the only soothing element is in the energy the two are guided to use today as their Catalyst, the Knight of Cups, with his suit and his world of Water. Well, at least he’s got some, which is better than none, as I usually say. As to what I am going to do with a wildfire today, I haven’t the faintest idea. My back is acting up and I’m not feeling like a social butterfly today, so one can only wait and see. Perhaps I can channel some (read: “most”) of that wildfire energy into my chakras and my back, and give myself some good self-treatment today with the available energy. Good idea, Mark. I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL the knowledge of how our Energy is acting on our Direction today. Be Well, Be Zen, Be Blessed!!   




No comments:

Post a Comment