Saturday, June 10, 2017

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 10Jun2017.  Today’s deck is the *Tarot Claude Burdel 1751 (TdeM)* by Claude Burdel in Fribourg, Switzerland. (Another Yves Renaud reproduction, excellently done.) The draw today is: Sulfur = XII the Hanged Man; Mercury = XVII the Star, and Salt = the Page of Coins. This draw is the direct result of the last two days, I would bet my Palomino pony on it. First was the MAJOR news that I had passed the turning point on that Journey, and was getting ready to make ready and ramp it up one more level and start again, but the need to mentally organize it and prepare for the first stage of manifestation Now I see we are on the final stage of pre-voyage prep, that being my Animus is in XII the Hanged Man, I believe that today I shall be remembering the death of the ego undergone the last time I was in this position, and how much the emerging step forward surprised me with its necessity to “kill the ego” and create a different self-referent from that point forward, one without Defense and Desire. (I still have both, of course. As long as one is human, the complete absence of defense and Desire is impossible; after a 3-day “dry” fast, if you don’t “desire” some water, you’re not going to be fasting again. If someone is coming at you with a club spiked with barbed-wire and Taser “nodes,” if you don’t defend yourself, you are going to suffer a GREAT deal of pain. Of course, I am citing examples that are warped extremes, but you get the point; Buddha sitting under the Bodhi tree wanting nothing but the morning dew from the butterfly’s wings, defending nothing or no one, including himself while his head, far away in the Vaps, contemplates his umbilicus.  Besides, we already know this is a matter of some happiness because Jupiter is present (pssst! His legs) even though upside down, and even though the card is assigned to Neptune & to some degree Uranus. (More on this in an addendum at the end of the blog page.) Moving along with itchy ankles, I find my Anima in one of MY preferred avatars for her, XVII the Star. This from Raven (www.corax.com) about XVII the Star: “Jupiter in Aquarius as a symbol for long-sightedness and confidence; or Venus in Pisces standing for the desire for the inscrutable. Zodiac: Aquarius. Tree of Life: From Chokmah to Tiphareth. Element: Air. Number: 17 as the number of hope, expansion of the 7, cross sum is 8.                                                  The Star is the trump of hope and trust, for the sensitive understanding of cosmic coherence, the intuition that everything is in balance and harmony. It is related to the Adjustment (the cross sum of 17 is 8), but while the Adjustment keeps the balance deliberately, the Star keeps it with feeling. 
The Star is also called the 'Guiding Light', and is taken as a symbol of the deep realization that the chosen way is the right one, that the end of this way will be a good one, and that there is perfect harmony between the psychical feeling and the physical doing. In a negative position the Star can tell when there is a mistake in the code, some error in our feeling, that the way we feel so sure about isn't quite right. This is what makes this trump so kind - even in its most negative aspect it just gives us a gentle warning.” This is a good little summary of what XVII the Star has come to mean to me, and how I view it in a spread. It is also one of my favorite cards, as through ALL of my life, despite the surreal childhood, rebellious adolescence and then adult, full-force eccentricity running with the wild lion of my ego and amour-propre, I have ALWAYS possessed the mysterious trick of never losing “Hope” despite living experience to the contrary. This is one area that my stubbornness has served me well; despite the world telling me to abandon her, she was dead, she was ridiculous in a modern world, I have never given up on Hope coming through for me. And she has managed to help me glide through some pretty large serpent’s mouths, I assure you. She’s also the most beautiful naked superhero you’ll ever meet, I assure you of that, as well! Grin. As she pours the waters of Body and Soul, Earth and Water, Silver and Gold, onto the primordial waters, she brings calm and her gift of Love. I adore her. Regretfully moving on, we come to the engine for today’s Energy needs, the Page of Coins. This from A. E. Thierens about this Valet; “The Page, always more or less of a messenger, in this case of fiery nature, on the Seventh house, as well as on the Third. The latter house is that of the disciple and the message; so here the traditional rendering is again quite correct. The seventh house explains everything that is said about application, occupation, profession, liberality, etc., this being the house of 
Libra, of relation. We may add, that the card will indicate a proposal of marriage, courting, love-making, but in a gentle, sometimes a poetical or platonic way, not without ardor however.” (*The General Book of the Tarot*.) The only thing I can think of to relate to the Page from personal experience was a time in my late childhood though early adolescence when I passed through a stage of “belonging” more to my great-great-aunt than to my own family, much to my own satisfaction. She was the financial, emotional; “historical,” hierarchical head of my mother’s family, a clan of the Osage Indian Nation (as it is now called.) So I slipped from my parent’s authorities to my aunt’s, or, if you like, I was sent to “Valet Academy,” . . . LOL. I’m quite familiar with this Energy and this role; the problem with the role is that without maintaining constant “bonhomie” therein, it almost always breeds resentment. Of the role, of the duties, of the “hierarchical shaming & placing,” and even, finally, of the perks, including “crawling on your belly like a reptile” for money. Especially with this Valet, “the input must be clean for the product to be clean.” He’s an “Earther,” remember, and while not afraid of earth-like qualities, as a member of the royal family he has a tendency to be fatuously fastidious. I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL today the calm to use our resources economically. Be Well, Be Zen, Be Blessed!!   



Addendum #1: “XII - The Hanged Man       Path of Mem 23 in the Tree of Life Uranus as neutralization and inversion, Neptune as spirit of sacrifice, the 12th House as a symbol for metamorphosis through isolation and knowledge.     Tree of life: From Geburah to Hod     Element: Water.        Number: 12 - the perfect number, symbol of the zodiac, 3 x 4.    The Hanged Man is a symbol for the turning points in life, showing up a need to stop and assess a situation. We're hanging in the air until we find a new view of the things around us, a proper way to rearrange or restart. But the Hanged Man is a 'silent' card - there's no pressing need for change. No big change is waltzing towards us - we can peacefully keep on hanging and complaining. The Hanged Man just shows that we're just 'hanging', he requires a new viewpoint, and sometimes a lot of patience. In its positive aspect, the card shows the need for a time of consideration, the forced relaxation gives the opportunity to relax and reflect, to sort thoughts and ideas and find a new way to cope with a situation.” (Raven, www.corax.com)  



No comments:

Post a Comment