Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 21Jun2017, the Summer Solstice (06:24 a.m. in France.) (As an aside, thank Osiris! I’m not as big a fan of summer as I was when young; too damn hot & humid, especially with fucked-up lungs. AUTUMN [Halloween!], Winter and Spring, in that order, is my preferred order of seasons, with summer in dead last. Harrumph!) The deck I used today is *The Tarot of the Holy Light* by Christine Payne Towler and Michael Dowers; however, for some reason, my remaining cameras are of such poor quality that I cannot post them; I would have to commit seppuku. Oh, the Japanese shame of it all! Grin. So, because I had a full ‘jpeg’ copy of an entire Tarot de Marseille at hand, I have substituted the card. It IS a shame, actually, as Holy Light’s cards, information, symbology and art are all well thought-out and beautifully rendered by Mr. Dowers. Oh well . . . I’m already over it, so let’s hop on the Marseille milk run. Onward and Upward! Today’s draw is: Sulfur = IV the Emperor; Mercury = I the Magus, and Salt = the Queen of Cups. I find this draw a bit odd, but not seriously so. Why am I already playing “point man” and jumping three cards away from my Anima? I don’t expect us to do everything as “twinsies,” but I DO doubt I would rush so quickly to let Anima sink or swim on her own. “On verra, Zaza Napoli, on verra.” He IS an impressive figure, though, and one in whom I am always comfortable; he comes up quite a bit for me when I’m in “decision & make happen” mode, or creativeness. The Emperor is a known quantity; I’ve seen, read and listen to others about him seemingly without end, as well as figure Jupiter into the whole equation. 
So, let’s leave him to bask in the splendor of his own ‘amour-propre,’ shall we? (I shouldn’t tease him; he is magnificently efficient, caring, and uses his powers to fulfill his duties as the avatar of his empire and a living Golden Rule to ALL his people.) Slip-sliding along, we reach my Anima, who is flexing her muscles and newfound powers in I the Magus. Little missy Anima has just newly absorbed all of the lessons she learned recently in XX the Aeon and XXI the Universe, so I am VERY prone to cutting her some slack; but she isn’t. In many way’s I see my Anima reflected accurately in my wife, and vice-versa. My lovely wife is a VERY different creature than me, often indulging worried & fears to the point of absurdity. She is also extremely dependent on me to almost all of the decision-making in the household and marriage. I would say that’s “super fine” with me, given my domineering and eccentric nature, but it actually isn’t. I have progressed quite a bit since the days I held the scepter and the orb in strong, firm hands. I’ve given up that illusion long ago; returning to it would feel like I am returning to duty after I thought myself happily retired. (Such is the fate of MANY who lost it all over these scandalous last few decades of banks ruling the world.) However, I CAN return to it, quite happily, IF I know it is of short duration and my presence is vital. I REALLY don’t like dealing as much with “the material” as before; it’s so “heavy” and laborious. Nevertheless, L. M. Anima is having a ball today playing in the mud, so what the hell . . . . Moving on, like the finger of God upon the Babylonian wall, we come at last to the engine of the vehicle today, the Queen of Cups. (On the cards I used this morning, she is nude with high, round, half-melon breasts. I couldn’t help thinking, “Those are some bodacious tatas!” LOL, it’s a line from a film or TV series, I believe. Who knows where that was stored upstairs? Grin.) 
Aphrodite, Venus, goddess of Love in all her incarnations and avatars, she is somewhat of a puzzle. “The Queen of Cups represents Water in Water; she is the purest manifestation of the soul of the Waters. Thus she represents pure emotion, passion, and feeling, never influenced by judgement or purpose. She is loving and affectionate, a warm-hearted mother and a tender friend, looking into the depths of the heart. On the darker side, the Queen of Cups lacks the stability of the Earth, the will of Air and Fire. Water in Water is all passivity and has no powers of its own, but makes a perfect transformer of any other power coming along. So she is susceptible to all kinds of influences, her instability might let her appear unreliable and inconstant. At its worst, the precious qualities of imagination and flowing fantasy might turn to weakness and thoughtlessness, turning in any direction that any wind may blow, getting lost in a dreamworld of unreal fantasies.” (Raven) As an older man who has been bisexual all of his life, the majority of projections that are thrown on “Woman” do not have much hold on me or any attraction. I “like my women” strong, independent and capable of taking care of themselves. Not for me the chickadee that stands helplessly by, in heels & pearls, and screams while someone else is going through nightmare. She’s the one that needs to be shot first, to stop the distracting noise. Grin. Her Energy, however, is HIGHLY interesting to me. I am explore the suit of Cups most particularly this time on the Path, as it has been the area of my life I have left until the end, as it is the area of my life which I often find the most uncomfortable. Bisexuality isn’t all swinger parties and “Is he or isn’t he???” I won’t go into it further here; this isn’t the forum for that. Needless to say, however, Venus is pretty much a stranger to me, except in the incarnations of my wife and my sister (in a sisterly way, of course! Mock glare.) I have a very deep misogynistic streak, which runs all the way back to my departed mother, who didn’t care for women herself. What rationality I ever had about women before changing my life/mind/soul came from my father, a hardcore realist yet also a man who quite clearly saw the “function of marriage.” He told me once that had he not married my mother, he is sure he would have married someone like her; he despises “screamers,” as well. Grin. However, very close female friends throughout the years have helped me readjust all of “that” so that now I see much more clearly, although at times still through a glass darkly, to steal a line. There are female modalities of thought that a male can never understand, and vice versa, which is how it is supposed to be, folks. We are meant to be a unity of two, and you must approach it sooner or later, in this life or in a succession of others (and yet I don’t “quite” believe in reincarnation as a Golden Given!! Eccentric me, LOL . . . .)   And the, on the other gland, there is my homosexuality which feels totally right to me, normal and a fact of birth. I have no gender prejudices when it comes to love, friendship or sex, and I like to think I am prejudice-free altogether, but erring on the side of caution (and not being vainglorious) I cannot guarantee what is or isn’t still hiding in the attic. I have been meditating and entering communion with Isis a great deal lately (II the High Priestess) and while she is a far cry from the Queen of Hearts/Aphrodite (by extension, III the Empress, the public face of the Priestess,) she has helped me a great deal in understanding the vastness of the invocation of emotion, as well as intuition, gifts given primarily to women, although a man may innately understand them as well. Enough. I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL the challenge to look within today and find the still-hidden. Be Well, Be Zen, Be Blessed!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment