Sunday, August 6, 2017

Good Morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 07/08/2017. Today’s deck is one I haven’t used in a long time, *The Bohemian Gothic Tarot* by Alex Ukolov & Karen Mahony, of Baba Studios renown. It is a gorgeous deck, every bit as lovely as the *Prague Tarot* which is their creation, as well. My draw today is: Sulfur = VIII Strength; Mercury = XIV Temperance and Salt = the Queen of Pentacles. I like it; there isn’t anything flashy, spectacular or otherworldly on display today. 
Today looks like it is a “Take Care of Business” day in the Material, and that is okay with me. I won’t belabor this reading with a lot of esoteric input; today were eating meat & potatoes. (Unless you are Japanese, in which case you may eat tofu if you prefer; all other races will NOT be offered this option. Grin.) What is cool about today’s draw for me, personally, is that yesterday eve and this morning I have been contemplating how “good” life is, in the here and now, for my wife & myself. We are far from rich, but we eat well and have a decent roof; we don’t travel a great deal, although I used to be a travel junkie. We are both converts by marriage to the idea of “okay, now it’s time to settle down, put down some late-in-life roots, and cruise in low gear until and unless adventure raises its wavy-mocked head and whistles her siren song. We DO sometimes follow the tune, and it is always “fun,” but not excessively so; hey, we’re older now. Grin. 
We are both a bit more than a tad eccentric, although I wear it much more brazenly than my partner in complicity. She is a marvel of French correctness when she wishes to be, and much to her joy I have brought “American casualness” into her life & thinking. So, all this being so, today’s cards look like nothing so much as Dutch uncle’s advice; “Mark, it’s a good day to focus a bit more on the material and your multiple manifestations therein; no need to be absent-minded and thus sloppy, eh? Marshal your Strength (no, not the esoteric kind, your Strength of Being,) and with MODERATION look around and see what needs tending in your material garden. Today is a good day for it. There is nothing pressing on either the emotional, intellectual or spiritual fronts, so use this time to just fine tune some cogs and gears that may have slipped or slowed. Don’t press, but DO Act.” As well, I know perfectly well that there are a double handful of “little things” to be done around here that require practically no effort at all, which is helpful (I have “Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD),” which is irreversible and progressive. It’s a barrel of monkeys – wry grin.) So today it’s, “Look around, Madge. Don’t you see how window treatments could change this room from dull suburbia to hot bordello lounge?” LOLO; “Th-th-that’s all, folks!” as Porky would say. I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL a no-brainer today. Be Well, Be Zen, Be Blessed!!   


No comments:

Post a Comment