Saturday, August 5, 2017

Good Morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 06Aug2017. Today’s deck is the *Rosetta Tarot* by M.M. Meleen, although I have been forced to substitute a Thoth Prince of Wands for the Rosetta image – believe it or not, there isn’t one available on the ‘Net and my scanner is on the fritz, so there you have it. The draw for today is: Sulfur = I the Magus; Mercury = XVIII the Moon (again!) and Salt = the Prince of Wands. As you may have noticed if you have the ineffable wisdom to be following me (Grin!) then you know that this is just one tiny baby step from yesterday; I’ve gone from the Fool to the Magus in Sulfur, stayed the same in Mercury (a difficult card to exit) and in Salt simply changed suit from the Prince of Cups to the Prince of Wands (”Okay, Milquetoast, you wouldn’t listen to the Water in the Cup, so let’s see how you like a flaming Staff across the back! Ha!”) LOL. (A drama queen is never far from a stage . . . .)  Actually, I DID listen to the water in the Cup, but that isn’t the point; the point here today is that my inner macho is feeling a bit defensive and he has summoned his avatar of I the Magus to put on a show of force. I can respect that. Just as long as he doesn’t mistake his testicles for his brain he’ll be fine and that is something to which I have accustomed him long ago. Very few things are as boring as a grown man repeating adolescent behavior – it is the same seeing a grown woman acting like a little girl with a speech impediment. “STOP IT! Grow Up!” 
Grin . . . how many times have you wanted to say that to someone? However, the point here isn’t his attitude (“We need to have a talk about your attitude, young man!” LOL) but his ENERGY – which is bucketloads full of Fire and speed to deliver it. He’s a headstrong guy, our Prince. I haven’t manifested his energy for a long time, due to being an adult now – LOL – actually, due to age and the onset of “body breakdown;” it’s hard to claim to be dashing Flash Gordon when you feel much more like the aging Ming the Merciless. (As for Dale Arden, she’s gone back to bed after an early “pause café.”) I suppose, if I look at the cards as a tableau, then the one that MOST grabs my attention today is XVIII the Moon. My Anima has been “consulting” two days in a row now in the House of the Moon, and it is certainly an interesting place, . . . if you want that kind of thing; “The Moon isn't the most comfortable trump - though everybody likes to equate it with the mysteries, rarely someone really enjoys the look into their own abyss, where sometimes the unvarnished truth is not too pleasant. Embarrassingly enough, the Moon tends to show up what we generally ignore, refuse to see, or even deny all the time. But the step has to be taken, for without facing up to darkness, we will never see the light. Unlike most trumps, the Moon has no real negative aspect, but it implies a serious danger. The journey into night could be too much when we're not prepared and we might get lost in our own shadow.” (‘Raven’ @corax.com) Now, I happen to be a BIG fan of the Moon, for various reasons, not the least of which is that she is the “physical avatar” of the goddess Isis, and I am a “Kemetic.” (For various reasons, mostly gnostic, I use the Egyptian occult religious system and pantheon as my ‘avatars’ of ‘costuming’’ for the many facets of the one Divine. Why use a pale imitation for ritual purposes when the Real Thing is available and still in use?) I hope it isn’t really necessary to define the difference between “ritual use” and “personal beliefs,” but if so, all that one may say of me is, “He believes in a supreme being.” I’m not venturing into the bayous of definitions and meanings today; not here, not now. Back to the cards – I was just thinking this morning about a reading I 
gave last night for a young man that was incredibly productive and fruitful, and as such readings can do, it left him “changed;” it was a visible phenomenon. I was terribly glad to have been of use and to have been able to read his own assurances to himself that he wasn’t delusional, reality really IS “like that.” He has been having, in effect, a very long ‘epiphany’; his “eyes” are opening and he is seeing embodiments of spiritual truths. All a GOOD thing, of course, but we would all admit that if you don’t know what’s going on, it can be deeply, DEEPLY, “unnerving.” I felt very happy indeed as he left, and so this morning concurrently felt somewhat “assuaged” by my “rôle” last night and the afterglow this morning. I love that feeling when you have given someone a profound, “important” reading in their eyes; it connects you intimately to the community of mankind and the Universe. So there I sit, rather pleased with myself this morning, but not too much I hope, and my partner-in-crime little Missy Anima is STILL soaking up secrets, signs & ‘spells’ to keep “us” armed and “in the know,” something she adores doing and which, I admit, I count almost unconsciously upon her to provide. So BOTH OF us, squirreling away happily in our self-satisfied roles today as a functioning Mark, are being advised that a “whirlwind” is on its way to “sweep through my life and send the debris flying!” Well, I must say, that has the promise of being exciting! I wryly smile to myself, because I’m saying to myself in my head, “I hope you’re up for it, Old Man! Hahaha!!” Grin . . . on verra. I ask the Cosmos today to give us ALL a “fresh wind in our sails!” Be Well, Be Zen, Be Blessed!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment